Sunday 26 July 2015

Fashion personalities: Yvonne Pearson

Yay! We are excited. We had the opportunity to interview another fashion personality.






Enjoy the excerpts of our interview with the lovely Melangemode.

Classy Africans: Hello Melangemode. Thank you for letting us interview you and congrats on the arrival of your new baby. Please give us a brief introduction of yourself. 

Yvonne: Thank you and it is my pleasure. My full name is Yvonne Ghyselinck Pearson, I am of Belgian and Ivorian origin but I was raised in France. I have been in the fashion business for 2 years and I got into it because I wanted to represent my identity. The name of my fashion brand is Melangemode.

Classy Africans: What was your last design project and what should we be looking forward to next?

Yvonne: Styling Michelle Williams for the Style Africa Gala. 

Classy Africans: So what or who is your biggest motivation, biggest supporter, encourager and fan?

Yvonne: My motivation definitely comes for my love for prints. Family and friends have been the biggest supporters of my craft and my husband Jay Pearson has been my biggest encourager. My clients in general and my social media followers have been amazing. 

Classy Africans: What is the most motivating thing a fan or follower has told you? 

Yvonne: When I make their dream outfit for a special event, or when no one else would cater to their size. it makes them feel special to have found someone who can help, which in return is the most gratifying feeling for me.




Classy Africans: When you feel stressed by the work what rejuvenates and motivates you? 

Yvonne: My husband’s pep talks and knowing the my clients are counting on me.

Classy Africans: That is great, it is always beautiful when spouse support each other. What is you advise to people seeking to come on the fashion board? 

Yvonne: Create something fearlessly that is a representation of who you are.

Classy Africans: What quotes do you like or live by? 

Yvonne: “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” George Addair





It has been great interviewing you. Hopefully we would do more things together in the future.

I hope you enjoyed the read and have been inspired to follow your dreams and do those things you have otherwise been afraid to do?

Dare to dream and even so dare to act on your dream.

Please share with friends and family.
Check Yvonne out on Instagram @melangemode 

😘💋😊
Classy Africans 




No comments:

Post a Comment