Sunday 14 June 2015

Fashion Personality: Malacia Anderson (Li Li's creations)

One of the reasons this platform was set up was to recognise, appreciate and celebrate African personalities all over the globe. With this in mind, we set forth to interview some African personalities. Today we present our interview with the o so lovely Classy African, Malacia Anderson of Li Li's creations.




Can you please introduce yourself  and  and give us some history of your brand? 

My name is Malacia Nora Anderson. I am the designer and owner of Li Li’s Creations. I was born in Brooklyn, NY.  My parents are of Southern decent. I have been sewing since the age of 10 and I have been working within fashion industry for 8 years. However, I have only been an entrepreneur for a little over a year.
I have always loved fashion, even as a child. I took greater interest in it my last year of high school. It was at that time my Art Teacher, Mr. Hunt from Roosevelt Jr.-Sr. High School assisted me in preparing to apply to the Fashion Institute of Technology.

What part of fashion are you engaged in? 

I sew, design, model, and style the collections which are displayed within my Etsy Shop. My latest design project wasThe Hodari Collection Spring/Summer 2015. Hodari means Courage in Swahili. This collection was about stepping in bold, unique, prints. Retro Aesthetics mixed with elegant timeless designs.



Is there any project you are working on now that we can look forward to? 

I am currently working on the Fall Collection which will debut August/September.

Have you ever worked with upcoming artists? 


I work with upcoming accessory designers when styling for my collection.  Some of who include Patrice Thompson from FractionFashion www.fractionfasion.etsy.com and Elaine Turner from ETurnerCouture www.eturnercouture.etsy.com.




We often need encouragement and support. So what or who would you say has been your greatest motivation, biggest supporter and fan? 

My greatest motivation has been seeing my dreams coming into fruition.  No matter the obstacles that come, that coupled with the blessings from God propel me to keep pushing forward.  My biggest supporter has been my Mother, Nora Anderson.  It’s her love and encouragement that keeps me focused on the task and goal at hand.  My biggest fans have been so many but to start I would say all of my Instagram followers who have supported my events and collections from the beginning, my family and my friends.



How has your platform affected your fans and followers? 

In quite a number of way. I am even motivated by the effects my works have had on my followers. The biggest of such motivation being , people feeling inspired and/or encouraged to pursue their dream just from watching me pursues mine. We are all destined for greatness. We just have to do our part to pursue it. Although, I have extremely high order volumes, along with a full time job to juggle, my greatest drive are my customers. Knowing the excitement with each review received makes the hard work well worth the effort.



What is your advice to people wanting to come into the fashion industry? 

My advice to anyone wanting to enter into Fashion industry is to always be open and willing to learn.  Be open to the different avenues the industry can offer.  Pursue your goals and dreams with a vengeance, because they are God given.  

What are some quotes you live by? 

The two quotes that I live by are Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” and “There is more room outside the box than in it”.

You can check her out on Instagram @lili814.

Thank you so much Malacia for being a gracious interviewee and an exceptional Classy African. We look forward to doing more work with you.

😘😊💋

Classy African 



No comments:

Post a Comment